YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- your participation in SMIIC standardization activities as an SMIIC member or participant;
- your creation of a SMIIC website account, and any subsequent use of your account, including for standard purchases;
- your use of SMIIC’s websites and other IT tools provided to you by SMIIC, as specified to you;
- your subscriptions to SMIIC newsletters, and any other subscription campaign, as specified to you; and
- if you are a participant in SMIIC standardization activities, please contact your SMIIC member to which you gave your personal data or contact SMIIC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- if you hold an account for the SMIIC website, you can directly revise the personal data in your account,
- if you are visiting SMIIC’s websites, you can control your acceptance of cookies (including deleting them) by changing your browser settings and
- if you have subscriptions to SMIIC newsletters, and any other subscription campaign, you can unsubscribe at any time (see most bottom part of our any newsletter)
In addition to understanding how SMIIC processes your personal data and your right to withdraw your agreement to that processing, you can request access to, correction of and deletion of your personal data. You can also request that your personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Where the request for your personal data in said portable format requires SMIIC to incur expense, you may be requested compensation. Requests for deletion will be considered in light of SMIIC’s tax, auditing, contractual and other obligations under applicable laws, as well as SMIIC’s legitimate interests or business requirements in preserving past contributions to SMIIC standardization work. Your personal data is retained for specific data retention periods as determined under SMIIC’s tax, auditing, contractual and other obligations under applicable laws and SMIIC’s legitimate interests or business requirements, after which your personal data is deleted or anonymized. For any questions or concerns, you may contact SMIIC’s General Secretariat at email@example.com.
You contribute to the SMIIC system. We rely on you to help us and help others. If you suspect a personal data breach, please contact SMIIC’s General Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
In order to provide you the best service possible, we may transfer your personal data to our service providers that provide us back office applications for SMIIC’s websites, your accounts and subscriptions, and other IT tools. These service providers are bound by contractual agreements to keep your data private and secure.
For subscriptions to SMIIC newsletters, and any other subscription campaigns, we use a service provider to help us track rates of subscriber engagement within specific campaigns as well as capture engagement trends overall.
From time to time, we may ask our website visitors to answer survey questions about SMIIC’s websites, our products or categories of products. Surveys will not request any personally identifiable data.
- user‑input cookies (session-id) such as first‑party cookies to keep track of your input when filling online forms, shopping carts, etc.;
- authentication cookies, to identify you once you have logged in, for the duration of a session;
- user‑centric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- multimedia content player cookies, used to store technical data to play back video or audio content, for the duration of a session;
- load‑balancing cookies, for the duration of session;
- user‑interface customization cookies such as language or font preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer); and
- anonymous first-party cookies to report on user interactions with our websites.
OUR WEB SHOP
You can consult, revise and correct the personal data that you have provided us directly through your website account. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com including if you wish to close your account.
All content on SMIIC Website is copyright protected. The copyright is owned by SMIIC. Any use of the content, including copying of it in whole or in part, for example to another Internet site, is prohibited and would require written permission from SMIIC.
All OIC/SMIIC standards and SMIIC deliverables such as publications are protected by copyright and the ownership of this copyright is SMIIC. This copyright extends to all SMIIC content published online. Any unauthorized use such as copying in whole or in part, scanning or distribution, printing, online sale or transfer to websites is prohibited and would require written permission from SMIIC.