In line with the agreed OIC Institutions Planned activities during Expo 2020 Dubai, it is planned to organize one day conference on 14 February 2022 at Terra Auditorium-Sustainability Pavilion. Basic information about SMIIC and OIC/SMIIC Halal Standards will be delivered by prominent speakers.
The main objective of the event is to emphasize the basic pillars of "Halal Quality Infrastructure" through OIC/SMIIC Standards and its contribution to the OIC Member States.
14 February 2022 (14:00 – 16:00, DUBAI TIME):
Venue: EXPO 2020 DUBAI, Terra Auditorium-Sustainability Pavilion
14:00 Session 1
- SMIIC and Halal Quality Infrastructure (25 Minutes)
- The preparation process of OIC/SMIIC Standards (15 Minutes)
- Information Technologies used in SMIIC Standardization Process (15 Minutes)
15:00 Session 2
- SMIIC Strategic Plan 2021-2030 (15 Minutes)
- Committee on Conformity Assessment (CCA) (15 Minutes)
- OIC/SMIIC Standards on Halal Food, Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticals (15 Minutes)
- OIC/SMIIC 9 – Halal Tourism Services – General Requirements (15 Minutes)
15:55 Closing Session
- Closing Remarks
16:00 The end of the conference.