The 16th SMIIC MC Training within the SMIIC MC Work Plan 2021 – 2023 was the Workshop on Uncertainty Calculation of Mass Determination took place on the 27 December 2021 virtually, technically hosted by SMIIC General Secretariat. 34 experts participated in the training.
The training is hosted by NMI: Tübitak UME – Turkey
General Description: The training deals with terminology, input quantities and uncertainties in differential weighings and an example of the calculation of mass/conventional mass and its uncertainties.
Objective, expected outcome: To provide knowledge and to develop skills of participants in uncertainty calculation of mass measurements
References: OIMLR 111
Duration of training: 4 hours (27 December 2021)
Lecturer: Sevda KAÇMAZ
Time Schedule: 10:30 - 15:30
- A brief overview of mass metrology
- Substitution weighing in air
- Determination of air density
- Uncertainty of mass determination
- Input quantities and uncertainties in differential weighings
- Example of the calculation of mass , conventional mass and uncertainties