The 41st SMIIC MC Training within the SMIIC MC Work Plan 2021 – 2023 V3 was the Introduction to Photometry and Radiometry Measurements in SASO NMCC that took place on the 29 May 2023 virtually, technically hosted by SMIIC General Secretariat. 17 experts participated in the training.
The training was hosted by NMI: SASO National Metrology and Calibration Center (NMCC)
General Description: The training provides general information on various measurements systems of Photometry, Radiometry and Spectrophotometry in the National Measurement and Calibration Center SASO-NMCC.
Objective, expected outcome: This training course aims to:
- clarify the basics of Photometry, Radiometry and Spectrophotometry.
- view relative measurement systems in SASO NMCC.
- give examples of applications in Photometry and Radiometry.
Who should attend: The training should be attended by the staff working in Photometry and Radiometry laboratories at the level of national metrology institutes or secondary level calibration laboratories.
References: CIE 018:2019 The Basis of Physical Photometry, Handbook of Applied Photometry -Casimer DeCausatis-, Introduction to Radiometry and Photometry -Ross McCluney-.
Date: 3 hours (29 May 2023)
Lecturer: Mr: Mohammed Almelfi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Time Schedule: 12:00 – 15:00
- SI units of photometry and Radiometry.
- Measurement systems in SASO-NMCC.
- Calibration standard in SASO-NMCC
- Applications of Photometry and Radiometry.