In such unprecedented circumstances as COVID-19 has presented, our Member States have taken immediate measures to prevent the spread of the disease. Both Governments and organizations have taken many actions in a very wide area to overcome the consequences and challenges resulting from this pandemic.
In this regard, many National Standardization Bodies in our Member States have realized the importance of quality infrastructure, especially standards, metrology and conformity assessment services, and their role in combating Covid-19 and have worked actively and effectively in various fields to support society and stakeholders to overcome the challenges caused by Covid-19. You may access the national resources provided by our Member States, including Indonesia (BSN), Malaysia (DSM), Morocco (IMANOR), Saudi Arabia (SASO), Senegal (ASN), Turkey (TÜBİTAK-UME) and Uzbekistan (UZSTANDARD) to support the fight against COVID-19 by clicking the link:Here are some of the measures taken by our Member States:
- Providing free and easy access to many standards related to the best practices followed to mitigate the effects of this pandemic, such as; business continuity management system, risk management, Occupational Health and Safety and volunteer management in organizations as well as national standards related to masks, medical gloves, ventilators, tissue and hospital laundry, electromedical equipment, laboratory management systems and medical devices, hands, glasses, floors sanitizer, medical devices sterilization.
- Conducting remote assessment as a temporary measure to replace on-site reassessment for businesses that require a quality mark for their products.
- Extending the validity period of previously issued conformity certificates and test reports to support trade and facilitate the movement of goods in the market.
- Giving priority to grant conformity certificates for domestic and imported Covid-19 products, especially masks, gloves, sterilizers and thermometers, to speed up the conformity process to cover market needs.
- Appling incentive package to support small and medium enterprises and national projects.
- Providing public awareness about Covid-19 through social media such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Providing Guideline/Health Protocol related to Covid-19.
- Conducting free advisory services and many online awareness lectures regarding the relevant ISO standards that can help in the fight against Coronavirus.