The SMIIC Metrology Council held its 7th Meeting on the 28-29 January 2020 in Gebze-Kocaeli, Turkey with the participation of 40 delegates from 19 Member States.
The following agenda items were discussed:
- The latest developments of the SMIIC Metrology Council
- Halal Activities in Members States
- Establishment procedure of the “Excellency Metrology Center” for Islamic Countries
- Latest Development in National Metrology Bodies of Member States
- SMIIC MC Capacity Building and Knowledge Transfer Program 2020-2021
The SMIIC Metrology Council finalized and approved the establishment documents and working plan of the Excellency Metrology Center of the Islamic Countries (EMCIC), A presentation of the Gantt Chart proposal and planned project outcomes of the EMCIC was made. The application deadline for the SMIIC MC Technical Capacity Building Program was extended to the end of February 2020, see SMIIC Website http://mc.smiic.org/en/technical-capacity-building-program . The three Member States(Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Bosnia-Herzegovina) have volunteered to give Metrology Technical Capacity Buil ding training also in 2022-2023.