OIC/SMIIC 1 - Foundation Training was held during the 28 September – 01 October 2019 in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey with the participation of 28 delegates from Afghanistan, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Iraq, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, Qatar, Senegal, Suriname, Tunisia, Turkey, and Uzbekistan. The training was co-funded by the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation(ITFC).
The Training program aimed to give the necessary foundation knowledge of the OIC/SMIIC 1 and encourage the harmonization of Halal Standards used in the OIC and internationally by aiding in the adoption and use of the OIC/SMIIC Halal Standards.
Representatives from SMIIC Member States were trained in:
- a) The adoption, implementation and use of the series of 3 OIC/SMIIC : 2019 Halal Food Standards,
- b) Use SMIIC Information System (IS) and Technical Committee (TC) work and preparation of Standards,
- c) Certifying/inspecting body requirements and OIC/SMIIC 2:2019 Requirements for Bodies providing Halal Certification
- d) Halal and use, implementation of series 3 OIC/SMIIC guidelines
- e) Use of OIC/SMIIC 1:2019 General Requirements for Halal Food
The program consisted of 4 day training completed with a test.
Part 1. Implementation and use of the series of 3 OIC/SMIIC: 2019 Halal Food Standards
Part 2. OIC/SMIIC 1: 2019 General Requirements on Halal Food Training
All participants successfully completed the training and recieved their certificates.