The SMIIC Metrology Council held its 5th Meeting on the 19-20 April 2018 in İstanbul, Turkey with the participation of 22 delegates from 10 Member States.
The following agenda items were discussed:
- the latest development report of the SMIIC Metrology Council
- Halal Food Reference Materials Activities
- Latest Development in Legal Metrology Activities in Turkey
- Quality Management System and ISO 17025
- Latest Developments in National Metrology Bodies of Member States
- Workshop: How to Establish Recognized International Laboratories and Discussion
- Workshop: Survey Questionnaire 2018 – 2020
- Action Plan 2018
Report regarding the Metrology Council Infrastructure survey was presented and discussions regarding the were made. Many of the members wanted to send in further information and hence it was decided that their survey will be resent to Members for further review. The MC Secretariat will continue to collect surveys from Members who have not yet sent in their surveys.
The Council decided to establish an expert pool form which an advise group will be formed to perform assessment and write report for development of Metrology Infrastructure for Member States who would like to make use of this service.