SMIIC Secretary General Mr. İhsan ÖVÜT and his accompanying delegation participated in the 3rd Meeting of the Trade and Investment Sub-Committee(TISC) of Annual Coordination (ACMOI) Meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Institutions was held on the 08-09 March 2018 in Marrakesh, Kingdom of Morocco which was organized by the Islamic Centre for Development of Trade (ICDT).
The objective of TISC is to design and implement integrated projects that include specific activities and deliverables, for example, in the areas of strategic commodities like cotton, halal industry, trade facilitation like single window, investment promotion, SMEs Development… with a view of enhancing intra-OIC Trade.
In this regard, the Meeting discussed the implementation steps of the actions matrix adopted by the third ACMOI Meeting.
Thematic team leaders made presentations on the implemented and ongoing integrated following activities of the TISC Members:
- Recent Developments on TISC Activities
- Halal Industry Development including Tourism
- Single Window Modality and Trade Facilitation, including TPS/OIC
- Strategic Commodities Development
- Investment Promotion and Commercial Dispute Settlement
- Private sector and SMEs Development
Briefs were given on the following topics:
- Infrastructure Development and Regional Integration
- Women and Trade
- Dubai Expo 2020
- World Investment Forum 2018.
Bilateral meetings were organized between TISC Members with a view of enhancing cooperation for more servicing OIC Member States in the field of trade and investment issues.
5 Thematic Task Forces were agreed upon which one of these is:
- Halal Industry Development including Tourism:
Team Leader: Mr. Ïhsan ÖVÜT (SMIIC),
Members of the team are: ICDT, IDB, ITFC, ICIEC, ICD, SESRIC and COMCEC;
Participants of the meeting agreed upon several recommendations to ensure that the aims and goals set can be reached as scheduled..