SMIIC Secretary General, Mr. İhsan ÖVÜT and his accompanying General Secretariat delegation attended the 33rd meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the COMCEC held in on May 10-11, 2017 in Ankara, Turkey with the participation of the member countries of the Committee, the OIC General Secretariat and the following subsidiary, affiliated and specialized organs (SMIIC, SESRIC, ICDT, IDB Group and ICCIA).
The Committee reviewed and discussed the progress achieved in the implementation of the resolutions and decisions of the 32nd Session of the COMCEC.
Following agenda items were discussed during the meeting:
- Report on the COMCEC Strategy and Its Implementation
- The Implementation of the OIC-2025: Programme of Action
- Intra-OIC Trade
- Enhancing the Role of Private Sector in Economic Cooperation
- Improving Transport and Communications
- Developing a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism Sector
- Increasing Productivity of Agriculture Sector and Sustaining Food Security
- Alleviating Poverty
- Deepening Financial Cooperation
- Preparations for the Exchange of Views on “Improving Transnational Transport Corridors among the OIC Member Countries”
SMIIC Secretary General, under the Agenda Item “Intra-OIC Trade”, briefed the Committee on the latest developments and activities of SMIIC by presenting the SMIIC report prepared for the 33rd Meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the COMCEC.
COMCEC Muslim Friendly Tourism Guideline for Regulating Accommodation Establishments prepared by the COMCEC Tourism working group and the activities of the working group were presented.
The Committee acknowledged the increasing visibility of SMIIC, new members, activities and expressed its appreciation to SMIIC for organizing capacity building activities in its field of competence.
SMIIC delegation also attended the 30th Meeting of the Sessional Committee of the COMCEC which was held on May 09th, 2017 in Ankara, on the sidelines of the 33rd Meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the COMCEC.