The 32nd Session of the COMCEC was held on 21-24 November 2016 in Istanbul with the participation of the member countries, the OIC General Secretariat and the following subsidiary, affiliated and specialized organs (SMIIC, SESRIC, ICDT, IDB, ICCIA and OISA etc.)
The Committee reviewed and discussed the progress achieved in the implementation of the resolutions and decisions of the 31st Session of the COMCEC, which was held in November 2015 in Istanbul. Following agenda items were discussed during the meeting:
- Report on the COMCEC Strategy and Its Implementation
- The OIC Ten-Year Program of Action
- World Economic Developments with Special Reference to the OIC Member Countries
- Intra-OIC Trade
- Enhancing the Role of Private Sector in Economic Cooperation
- Improving Transport and Communications
- Developing a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism Sector
- Increasing Productivity of Agriculture Sector and Sustaining Food Security
- Alleviating Poverty
- Deepening Financial Cooperation
- Exchange of Views on “Developing Islamic Finance Strategies in the OIC Member Countries”
Under the Agenda Item; Intra-OIC Trade, Mr. İhsan ÖVÜT, SMIIC Secretary General, briefed the Session on the latest developments and activities of SMIIC by presenting the SMIIC report prepared for the 32ndSession of the COMCEC.
In his speech, Mr. ÖVÜT, by underlining the importance of harmonization and mutual recognition, invited Member States to demonstrate more commitment especially to the standardization area which enables the dissemination of innovation, new technologies and good business practices, thus spreading their benefits and opening world markets for OIC countries.