The 32st SMIIC MC Training within the SMIIC MC Work Plan 2021 – 2023 V2 was the Calibration of Digital Multimeter that took place on the 14 November 2022 virtually, technically hosted by SMIIC General Secretariat. 20 experts participated in the training.
The training was hosted by NMI: SASO National Metrology and Calibration Center (NMCC)
General Description: The training covers calibrating of digital Multimeter and its uncertainty calculation.
Objective, expected outcome: To provide knowledge and to develop skills of participants in calibration of digital multimeter devices and calculating its uncertainty.
Who should attend: The training would be attended by staff working in metrology laboratories at the level of National Metrology Institutes or secondary level calibration laboratories
Fluke 8508A Service manual, Guidelines on the Calibration of Digital Multimeters (EURAMETcg-15) Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement (GUM) Duration of training:
Date: 3 hours (14 November 2022)
Eng. Ahmed N. Aljumayi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Time Schedule: 10:30 – 13:30
- General information about the method used to calibrate a multimeter
- Examples of multimeter used in the calibration field
- Reference devices used in the calibration of multimeter
- Validation of the result obtained for multimeter
- Measurement uncertainty calculations
- Reporting results and preparation of the calibration certificate